Oh my goodness, it has been awhile since I posted!!!
I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder January 4, so I was unable to do lots of stuff, much less stamping and card making! Boy, did I miss it!
I went back to work this week and I'm still going to physical therapy to get tortured twice a week!
I know, I know, it's good for me! Actually I have a very nice physical therapist.
Anyway...it's nice to be back!!!!
We have this beautiful butterfly for our inspiration this week at
I was inspired to create my Clean & Layered style card by the beautiful colors of the butterfly.
Here is my card:
I started by stamping my butterflies onto some Copic friendly white card stock with black Memento ink. I colored the images with Copic Markers, then fussy cut them out.
I stamped some leaves onto a 3 3/4 X 4 3/4 piece of white card stock, and then I sponged the center with some Distress Twisted Citron ink. I placed the butterflies with foam adhesive to give them dimension.
Added lots of gemstones to add lots of sparkle!
I hope I have inspired you to join us!
The style of my card would be considered
CLEAN & LAYERED
~Lots of Layers
~Designer papers, embossing
~Clean & Fresh looking
~Some colored images
I hope you will create a card or project using any of the styles we have defined or create your own with a combination of styles.
All of the styles are explained HERE.
1. Use the challenge inspiration to create a card.
2. Use one of the challenge styles to create a card (or if you prefer, combine a few styles).
3. Explain in a post which style or combination of styles you used and what inspired you from our photo.
4. Link your post using our linky (please link to the actual post on your blog and not just your blog).
5. Please try to comment on the cards ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
Please join us!
We love seeing your creations!
We look forward to seeing your artwork in our gallery!
Stuff I used:
Stamps:A Touch of Ink (Stampin Up); Butterfly Gala (Stampin Up)
Ink: Black Memento
Paper: Basic White, Melon Mambo, Blueberry Bushel (Stampin Up)
Other: Copic Markers, jewels, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen, Glossy Accents